If you have always wanted to participate, this is the 48th year that the Manzanar Pilgrimage has occurred. With a new President wanting to “registar all Muslims” we must get the word out how important it is to remember and not repeat Executive Order 9066.
LAUSD Approved, two salary points available. Article 3.3 Multicultural Specific Conference.
To qualify for 1 or 2 salary points, you must attend the Pilgrimage on Saturday April 29, 2017 and pre-trip workshop, Monday, April 24, 2017 4–9 pm.
The four session dates are in your UTLA pocket calendar:
- March 11 — workshop at UTLA
- April 24 — workshop at UTLA
- April 29 — bus trip to Manzanar (see locations & times below)
- May 6 — workshop at UTLA — this session is a PD that looks closely at what happens when we racially profile American citizens.
- $125 covers costs of 2 salary points, charter bus transportation, food and materials.
- $75 for bus trip to Manzanar only.
Bus Trip Pickup Locations
Two locations & time for bus pickup are for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- UTLA Building: 3303 Wilshire Blvd., L.A. 90010 at 6 a.m.
- SE corner of Laurel Plaza: Oxnard street, east of the 170 freeway at 6 a.m.
Please sign up by contacting Jenny Lam at email@example.com or call 213.368.6229 or register below.
Questions or Concerns
If you have questions regarding sessions please contact Diane Newell at 818.642.0981or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When: March 11, 2017
Time: 8 am to 4 pm
Conference Fee: $125 or $75 (bus trip to Manzanar only)
WhereUTLA Building, Auditorium 3303 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90010 – View Map
Instructional materials will be provided.
Light breakfast & lunch.