A UTLA advocacy committee to help the Teachers network for support and to get both informal and formal LAUSD reasonable Accommodations.
The committee will meet on Wednesdays at 4:15-6 p.m with a dinner break around 5 p.m.. Check the posted signs at UTLA elevators for the room location, which should be room 815b.
COMMITTEE MEETINGS ON HOUSE OF REPS NIGHT
- April 17 (nomination meeting)
- May 22 (voting meeting)
- Limited Handicapped parking under the UTLA building with access from alley off Wilshire North down Berendo to the alley behind the UTLA building. Wait for the grilled fence to open.
- If the handicapped parking is full, go back to the garage and park at one of the 20 or so SPECIAL NEEDS parking spaces on the first level, area just past the parking lot guard shack.
- Be sure to walk across the alley and to the right of the grilled gate to the shipping door to walk down the hallway to access the basement elevator and avoid the steep stairs.
House of Representatives, Abilities Expo in March and the Leadership Conference
(1 760 758-2823) (cell)
Committee Vice Chair
Resource Advocate for Disability Access at UTLA/LAUSD
Baldwin Hills Elementary (323-938-6342)
Secondary Substitute and Sub South Calling Area Chapter Chair
Resource: Adult Education Special Services Counselor
North Valley Occupational Center
1 818-365-9645 ext. 451
Resource: Reasonable Accommodation and March CSUN Disabilities Conference in San Diego
Cabrillo Avenue Elementary
UTLA Committee Staff Liaison
- helps coordinate Area Reps passing out applications and info on LAUSD Reasonable accommodation and the committee.
The Committee's Guide Page