Platinum Apple Awards
The Platinum Apple awards are UTLA's way of honoring our own. Each year schools have an opportunity to nominate a current UTLA member deserving of being recognized for excellence in education and for their dedication to students and their profession. The best part of the Platinum Apple awards is that the winners are nominated by their peers. Winners are honored at an annual awards dinner.
We are back again for the prestigious Platinum Apple Awards dinner on May 2, 2014 from 5 p.m to 9 p.m.
Dinner RSVP deadline Friday, April 25 | RSVP form
The awards dinner will be held at the Taix restaruant in Los Angeles. Each winner and one guest of his/her choice will receive a complimentary invitation, all others is $40 per person.
You can print the RSVP form and mail a check to:
Attn: Princess Sykes
3303 Wilshire Blvd., 10th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Congratulations to our honorees:
- Nie Li, Roberti Early Education Center
- Maria Lourdes Salazar, Willow Elementary
- Zulma Tobar, Harmony Elementary
- Maria Vara, Arminta Street Elementary
- Hugo Heermann, Irving Middle School (not shown)
- Patricia Sharp, Markham Middle School
- Kathryn Stevens, Ochoa Learning Center
- Tammy Bird, Carson High School
- Eric Dettenmaier, Canoga Park High School
- Tanya Lentz, Metropolitan Continuation High School
watch the video of the awards dinner