All meetings are on hold until further notice.
A UTLA advocacy committee to help the teachers network for support and to get both informal and formal LAUSD reasonable accommodations for individuals with physical or mental impairment that limits activities, such as:
- Walking, standing, sitting, lifting, pulling, bending, hearing or vision, writing, computer usage, etc.
- A catastrophic illness or injury
Schedule at a Glance
COMMITTEE MEETS ON PACE NIGHT
- Limited Handicapped parking under the UTLA building with access from alley off Wilshire North down Berendo to the alley behind the UTLA building. Wait for the grilled fence to open.
- If the handicapped parking is full, go back to the garage and park at one of the 20 or so SPECIAL NEEDS parking spaces on the first level, area just past the parking lot guard shack.
- Be sure to walk across the alley and to the right of the grilled gate to the shipping door to walk down the hallway to access the basement elevator and avoid the steep stairs.
- Communications Director, Monique Lukens
- Committee Chair, 2019: Janis Lukstein, Calkeypals@aol.com or 310.283.8907 (cell)
- Committee Co-Chair and Intervention: Sharon Yee, firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.320.7714 (cell)
- UTLA Committee Staff Liaison: Tom Alfano, email@example.com or 213.487.5560. Helps coordinate Area Reps passing out applications and info on LAUSD Reasonable accommodation and the committee.
The Committee's Guide
Tips for applying for Reasonable Accommodation through LAUSD by the UTLA Capably Disabled Committee.
Guide to Requesting Reasonable AccommodationsDownload